Monday, February 14, 2011

Peel it Off

Today, I just became my daughter's official nail artist.

Julia had received a couple of bottles of Barbie's kiddie nail polish: one in pink and the other in blue.

And for some reason, Julia wanted me to paint her toenails in alternating colors. So as she wiggled her toes in preparation for my artistic touch, I shook both bottles to make sure that the consistency of the polish was just right. After all, I didn't want my first customer to complain, unless I wanted that to be both the start AND end of my new career.

The instructions were simple: "1) Shake bottle; 2) Apply evenly on nails; 3) Peel off to remove. No need for acetone or nail polish removers."


"Peel off to remove". That simple.

If only more Christians would realize that turning back to God is as simple as "peeling off the past", what a more beautiful world this would be.

I believe in many things, one of them being that life is a result of decisions we make. If you boil it down to basics, we decide what happens to us in life.

We decide to move on, or sulk about a problem.

We decide to change things for the better, or accept the situation we create for ourselves.

We either find solutions, or live in the problem forever.

We decide our life.

God gave us that power. It is called "free will".

And he also gave us a simple solution for turning back to him: "Peel it off."

No comments:

Post a Comment