Tuesday, February 24, 2009

My Two Women

The women in my life.

I have two of them.

And last night, I -- as on all other nights -- shared my bed with both of them.

Remarkable. They looked so alike as they slept side by side. From their breathing to their actual position, they were so much alike. I loved them both -- and they loved me. And they had no qualms about sharing one man between them.

We go on dates. Sometimes it's I and one of them, on other occasions it's I and the other -- but more often than not it's all three of us.

There's no jealousy, no envy and no insecurities from either of them.

And me? Well, let's just say that any man will be proud to have two women by his side any day.

As I watched them sleep last night, I couldn't help but be awed by the gift and blessing that they both bring into my life every single day.

Because of them, I get up early every morning.

Because of them, I work long hours.

Because of them, I brave the weather and the traffic.

Because of them, I work late into the night.

Because of them, I get up early on weekends when all the world is still sleeping to make sure they have breakfast to start their day.

Because of them, I miss out on some gatherings of old friends.

Because of them, my schedule becomes erratic every now and then.

Because of them, I spend less for myself and more for each of them.

Because of them, I set aside the work I bring home to see to their needs, only to have to cram late into the night to finish that same work.

Because of them, life is unpredictable -- and surprises await me at every turn.

Because of them -- all that I do has meaning.

Because of them, I have meaning.

Because of them, my schedules get messed up, my work is delayed, I sleep late at night to catch up on those delays, get up every morning to get my work done and earn an honest day's work to make sure I have breakfast to prepare every weekend morning while all the world stays in bed late.

Life couldn't get better than this. Having two women to live for. Having two women make life worth every minute.

My two women.

My wife and daughter.

If only I knew how to tell them I loved them both oh so much...

No comments:

Post a Comment