Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Tips for Living Life - Tip 1: Wake Up and say "Goodmorning!"

I woke up at around 4:00 this morning to the stirrings of my daughter. For some reason, she was awake early, and she was just tossing and turning in bed.

Sensing I was already awake, she reached over with her right arm and pulled me to her.

"Good morning, Dada..." she whispered in a sleepy voice.

"Good morning Sweetheart..." I whispered back, giving her a kiss on her cheek.

"You're up early... why don't you go back to sleep?" I asked.

"I want to be with you before you go to office" she said.

I hugged her and gave her another kiss.

"You know, this early, we can go watch the sun wake up and say 'Good morning" to all of us. First the sky will be a little red, and then it will become orange and then you will see the sun waking up. Do you want to see it?"

"Yes! Yes!" came the obviously excited reply.

So we both got up and peeked out the window. 'Twas then that I noticed that my wife had already gotten up and out of bed. She wasn't in the room though.

Julia and I stared out the window watching the surroundings slowly but surely brighten up.

"Wow! The sky is becoming red already!" Julia whispered excitedly. "God will say 'Good morning' to us already!"

She watched intently as the skies did brighten up little by little. No, it didn't turn red and then orange and then yellow with the light of the sun - the makings of a low pressure area kept that from happening.

But Julia somehow still saw the very faint hints of red and orange and yellow.

"Dada looooook! It's changing colors alreadyyy! God is awake!"

"Good morning Papa God!" she whispered with a smile.

By then my wife walked in with breakfast. Seeing us both at the window, she asked what we were doing.

"Saying 'Good morning" to the sun and to God" came my daughters' reply.

Everything went on as usual: I took my shower and got dressed for work; we had breakfast together (Julia tipped her plate over and soiled the floor with her food) and then we kissed each other goodbye for the day.

But somehow - and for some specific reason, the day seemed to start off far happier than usual, traffic seemed to be far more tolerable and the entire days' work already seemed to come into perspective that early.

All because of a cheerful and sincere "Good morning, Papa God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment